MEDICINES AND PUBLIC HEALTH
This course domain covers the Basics in pharmacoepidemiology, the Drug utilisation studies: introduction and quantitative methods, the Drug utilisation studies: qualitative methods and the The public health impact of adverse drug reactions.
medicines, public health
- To provide basic knowledge of the evaluation of the effects of medicines from an epidemiological point of view
- To understand the limits of the available information on efficacy and risks associated with medicines
- To understand the differences between experimental studies and the actual use of medicines in clinical settings
- To know how is it possible to study the effects of medicines from a public health point of view
- To provide intermediate and advanced knowledge of the effects of medicines from a public health point of view
- To develop theoretical and practical knowledge of the quantitative analysis of medicines utilisation
- To develop theoretical and practical knowledge of the qualitative analysis of medicines utilisation
- To know how to study the health and economical impact of side effects of medicines for the community
Developed with the Pharma Industry expertise of Amgen NV, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.