BENEFIT ASSESSMENT OF MEDICINES
This course domain covers the Basics in clinical pharmacology, the Clinical and pharmacological principles, the Methods in clinical research, pharmacoepidemiology and in the assessment of the efficacy of medicines and the Critical appraisal of clinical trials: evidence-based medicine and its uncertainties.
benefit assessment, medicines
- To understand the need of benefit assessment of medicines in order to fulfil patients' needs
- To develop a general knowledge of the clinical, pharmacological and epidemiological principles underlying medicines prescribing and use
- To review and become familiar with the clinical, pharmacological and epidemiological basis of medicines effects evaluation
- To understand the clinical, pharmacological and epidemiological principles of the evaluation of medicines efficacy and effectiveness
- To know the scientific principles underlying the decision making process of prescribing
- To know the methods used in epidemiological studies and in randomized clinical trials to assess the efficacy and effectiveness of medicines
- To be aware of the limitations of scientific evidence in the benefit assessment of medicines
- To discuss and analyse the need to solve therapeutic uncertainties through clinical research
Developed with the Pharma Industry expertise of F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.