EFFECTIVENESS RESEARCH WITH LONGITUDINAL DATABASES
Large longitudinal healthcare databases have become important tools for studying the utilization patterns and clinical effectiveness of medical products and interventions in a wide variety of care settings.
This course will introduce students to identify and use longitudinal databases for their own research. Strengths and limitations of large longitudinal healthcare databases that are commonly used for research will be considered.
The course will provide an introduction to analytic principles and their application to database research.
Participants will learn through lectures by experienced faculty and by evaluating published database studies. In computer labs, they will learn to implement a database study comparing two medical products in a large healthcare claims database. The project will be conducted using the Aetion platform with an intuitive user interface that does not require any programming skills.
PLACE AND SCHEDULE
This course is a blended learning course:
- From mid-May 2018, a theoretical part of the course is available through online learning on the Eu2P e-learning platform,
- From June 4 to June 9 2018, the course is taught within the Summer School on Modern Methods in Biostatistics and Epidemiology at Castello Brandolini Colomban (Treviso, Italy) during the Summer School in Modern Methods in Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Veneto, Italy (contact Eu2P Central Office for more information or visit http://www.biostatepi.org).
When your register to this course through the Eu2P website application tool, this enables you to be awarded with a Eu2P academic certificate diploma bearing 3 ECTS credits.
Coordinator: Pr Sebastian Schneeweiss (from Harvard Medical School)
Expert(s): Dr Elisabetta Patorno (from Harvard Medical School).
Applications open until March 24th, 2019
Eu2P programme is made by a Public-Private consortium.
Each Eu2P partner benefits from a special price on Eu2P tuition fees for their students or employees!
|Saving for ...||Student
in a Eu2P University
in a Eu2P agency, company or affiliate
|Certificate fees||- 50%||- 30%|
|Master year fees||- 20%|
|PhD year fees||- 20%|
Gain up-to 20% of savings when studying with Eu2P!
Eu2P gives you reward points each time you register to a Eu2P Certificate or Master programme (One point amounts to one euro).
You can redeem these points and get savings on next course tuition fees!
MASTER & PhD GRANTS
Eu2P offers a limited number of grants to Master and PhD selected applicants to cover partial Master and PhD tuition fees.
Eu2P grants are awarded by the Eu2P consortium and private organizations on the appraisal of the applicant's status regarding:
- Academic performance
- Professional ambition and environment
- Personal situation
- Any special and financial circumstances that may affect his/her Eu2P training performance
Grant application & appraisal
During on-line Master or PhD application, you can confirm that you wish to apply to a grant. Following your successful Master or PhD selection, you must provide a statement regarding the most relevant reasons to support your grant request:
- Certified true copies of your official academic transcripts not already included in your online application
- A brief statement regarding your professional ambition and environment/location
- Statement of proof of special personal or professional circumstances
The application procedure and the selection process are the same for all, regardless of whether you come from Eu2P partners or not, from European or third countries.
All grant applications are ranked by the Eu2P Board. You are warned about your grant application status by e-mail.